Monday, March 21, 2011

I'm Back!

I'm back and I am ready to bake!

I made a delicious chocolate pie this weekend (along with pork bbq sandwiches, macaroni and cheese, and baked beans). It was easy, I had all the ingredients, and it was so yummy.

Here is the recipe (adapted by Steph's Bite by Bite):

1 frozen pie crust
4 tablespoons of cocoa powder
3/4 cups of sugar
5 tablespoons of flour
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 1/2 cups of milk
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
2 egg yolks, beaten slightly
1 tablespoon of butter
1 Container of Fat Free cool whip

Chocolate Pie Filling Directions
Mix your sugar, flour, salt, cocoa, eggs and milk (all except vanilla and butter) with a whisk.

Cook while stirring on medium until it bubbles and thickens, about 5-10 minutes. If it becomes lumpy, just beat out the lumps.

Remove from heat and stir in your vanilla and butter.

Pour filling in to cooled pie crust. Refrigerate for at least 5 hours.



<3
Kimberly

1 comment: