Saturday, December 4, 2010

Time to relax

Wow, this past week I have been so busy with school work that I had to put my blog on the back burner for a few days. I had a presentation, took an exam, and turned in three papers. Whew! I am so glad to be back home now for a few days. I still have to go back to school for just a couple of days to take more exams. BOO!

I never got around to do a Thanksgiving post, either. (That's pretty bad for a food blogger...) I have pictures to share, though!

The Thanksgiving Table



There I am, running the Turkey Trot! I ran ~23:30.



Now to yesterday.

I woke up at 9 am and ate breakfast. It was yogurt, pumpkin, and the last of the organic cascadian farms granola. I am excited to try a new kind of organic granola, any suggestions?

I asked Joe if he wanted to go on a run around 11 am and he did! I changed into running clothes and did a quick martial arts workout before I left. I only had time to do the circuit once and my arms are really sore today! I am so weak! I usually don't do martial arts either, so it was fun to try something new. Afterward, Joe and I went on a forty minute run at the arboretum. I felt so tired during it, but I was glad to be running. I haven't had a chance to run in a week!

We took showers and then had leftover Makaronilaatiko for lunch. What's that you ask? It's a Finnish casserole with macaroni and beef. You eat it with ketchup and it is wonderful! It was the first thing I ever made for Joe, and that was when I fell in love with cooking! I will make it again soon and post the recipe!

We took showers and then just relaxed around the house for a bit. Eventually I had an afternoon snack of blueberry yogurt. Then Joe and I decided to walk to Barnes and Noble and read (it's not far from his house).



I read Blood Done Sign My Name. The last book I have to read for school (yay!). Joe read a Rock and Ice magazine. We shared a cup of hot chocolate. :)

The evening ended with lots of food, friends, and family. :)

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment