Saturday, December 4, 2010

Chocolate Peppermint Cookies

Another relaxing day for me! I woke up at 9 am and had a simple bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats for breakfast.

Then I did ~50 minutes of Yoga - Dave Farmer style (yogadownload.com). I really enjoyed his class. It was relaxing, and yet I was still working hard.

After Yoga, I took a bubble bath. In a Jacuzzi bath tub. With Candles. It was so incredibly relaxing.

Before I knew it, my stomach was growling for lunch. I heated up some leftover Turkey Soup. It's delicious! It has tomatoes, celery, and carrots. Yummmm! Oh, and a piece of pumpernickle swirl bread on the side.



It was hard to make this soup look visually appealing!

Then, I had a craving for baking! I decided to make Chocolate Peppermint Cookies in the spirit of Christmas! I had my Christmas music in the background and started baking.

I adapted the recipe from Giada De Laurentiis. My favorite food network star.



What you'll need:
1 tube refrigerated cookie dough (makes things very easy!)
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate)
1/4 cup heavy cream
crushed peppermint candies

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Bake cookies according to package.
3. Combine 1 cup of chocolate chips and the cream in a small bowl. Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water and stir until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth and refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Once the chocolate mixture is set. Spread it on top of each cookie. Then top with crushed peppermint candies.
5. Enjoy!



The cookies turned out lighter than I thought they would be, which I was very pleased about. The peppermint candies add just enough mint flavor, without it being overpowering. You gotta try them!

Joe came over in the afternoon. We were having trouble decided on what to do since it was rainy and cold outside. We decided to do a little shopping. We went to Frugal Backpacker, Diamond Brand, World Market, and Earthfare. I didn't buy anything but I found a lot of things I loved in World Market. I adore that store. I plan on going back within the next few days and picking up a few things.

For dinner, we met my mom and Joe's mom at Marco's Pizza. Joe and I split a caesar salad and pineapple and ham pizza. Deee-licious.

Time for more relaxing! ;)

<3
Kimberly

1 comment: